Bobs Containers is a fast growing manufacturer of shipping container homes with focus on customer satisfaction, eCommerce, and integrity.
We are seeking an experienced buyer or a self-motivated individual ready to learn procurement. We want a rockstar or an absolute newbie.
As the Buyer, you will be responsible for creating material lists, purchasing necessary materials, and building out the buying process. The Buyer will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and assist with any projects necessary to make our builds a success.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan! – Attend regular project kickoff meetings, create a parts list, and work with operations on timeline and budgets.
- Track parts and ensure they are properly stored upon arrival. This will require getting your hands dirty on occasion.
- Buy Buy and Buy! – Order parts from largest suppliers regularly. You will become a power user on homedepot.com and lowes.com.
- Ownership – Develop and own the process. *Automate wherever you can.
- Communication- Communication and following up is key to success in this role. Make a phone call then back it up with an email. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and for a quick answer.
Work closely with the finance department to and carry out new vendor qualification activities.
Create, receive, and maintain vendor profiles in the database.
Negotiates with vendors and contractors to secure the best pricing and service.
Develop and maintain a procurement process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year with performance bonuses!
Experience & Qualifications
We value team members with varied backgrounds. Experience in purchasing, real estate, procurement, and spending money is a plus!
Construction experience a plus but not required.
Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter if you feel you are a good fit.