How It Works
Choosing from Bob's Containers Menu
Submitting Your Own Container Design
Common Shipping Container Sizes
These are the most common sizes that we sell at Bob's Containers. For any other specific dimensions, please reach out to us. We may be able to customize a common size container or find you one.
20’ Standard (20’ x 8’ x 8.5’)
40’ Standard (40’ x 8’ x 8.5’)
40’ High Cube (40’ x 8’ x 9.5’)
Shipping Container Types
We only sell used containers that are rated "cargo-worthy (CWO)" which means:
- Working cargo doors with good seals
- No leaks or holes
- Strong and functional floors
New containers are also available at request.
Can I Visit the Yard and See My Shipping Container?
We currently do not offer retail hours during due to the pandemic. We send you photos and you have the right of refusal upon delivery if it does not meet your expectations.
How Long Does it Take to Deliver My Shipping Container?
It depends on two main factors - location and type of container. For simple storage containers, 1-3 days is a safe estimate. For custom builds such as container offices or container homes, 2-3 weeks is standard. We can also expedite shipping if you are located near the major cities we serve - Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Denver, and Columbus.
What if I Don't See the Custom Build Options that I want?
If you want something that's not on our website, call or email us! We have an excellent crew, and we are confident that we can do most modifications on container homes and offices.
Can I Sell You the Container that I Purchased from You?
Yes! If you no longer need your container for whatever reason, we will make you an offer based on the condition of the container. We will need to see some photos to make our assessment. Regardless of whether you purchased the container from us or someone else, we would be interested in taking a look!
Is My Container Home or Office Built with a New or Used Container?
It's up to you! For more details on which type to choose, check out our blog on this topic here.
Buying a Shipping Container
Making the choice to buy a shipping container is only the beginning. With the wealth of information out there, good and bad, it can be hard to find the right partner to execute on your wish list while keeping your safety in mind. Whether you are looking for options to outfit your office, building your custom container dream home, or looking for shipping container transportation services for your own needs, we are sure to have solutions for you.
We take a different approach to understanding your shipping container desires. While we do have basic options for those looking to get their hands on a container quickly, we enjoy the process of communicating with you to find the perfect shipping container solution to fit your needs. The initial call is to learn about you, the purpose and needs you have for your shipping container, and the area you would like your shipping container delivered. We offer delivery in the metro areas we serve, but do have some requirements and prep before delivery:
- The delivery area is clean and clear. We will not drive over boulders, tree stumps, nails, glass, or puppies.
- There is enough room. Our tilt trailer is 45 feet long, and there needs to be 100 feet of straight line clearance space. We do not have crane trucks. If you can back in a 40' trailer then we can deliver.
- The delivery area ground needs to dry. We do not deliver in mud, sand, or water. Our equipment and loaded container will be heavy and might get stuck.
- How do you want it loaded? When you book, please confirm whether you want your container doors to face the cab or the rear of the truck. This will determine the position of the doors when a container is dropped off.